Monday, May 22, 2006

Notes one wishes never to write

Thank you for taking the time to visit this site, and for keeping Patty in your hearts and minds. Many people have demonstrated great friendship, kindness, charity and love to Patty and our family, both before and after her latest challenges. For this we are most grateful. I created this site, at the suggestion of my extended family, to provide a space where all those interested in Patty's progress can keep up with the latest news. Please also feel free to share your thoughts and best wishes. Also, if you have any questions, please ask -- I will do my best to answer them, to the extent I can (with help, hopefully, from the medical types in our family.)

By this Friday, May 26, we hope to have a clear direction for Patty's future treatment. We will be awaiting results from two tests -- a PET scan and an adenosine thallium scan. These tests should reveal to cardiologists the degree to which the damaged sections of Patty's heart may still be viable. If things work out well, Patty should be a candidate for a surgery called the Dor procedure, which could ultimately restore much of her ability to function from day to day. If too much of her heart remains irreparably damaged, her next option will likely be transplant.

Please keep Patty in your thoughts and prayers. I will try to keep things up-to-date on this site, with a little help from some friends.

Love,
Brian

10 comments:

First Year Superintendent's Blog said...

Brian--I hate you call your attention to a typo, but you wrote that Patty is to have a "Dor" procedure. Given that it's Patty you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Dork."

Anonymous said...

Patty- Our thoughts are with you and your family. I know so many of us are appreciative for this website, Brian. Great job! And Patty - I love the picture! :) The website is a great way for us to stay connected.
Peace,
-Amy, Pat & Brady

First Year Superintendent's Blog said...

I opened an account yesterday to receive funds on Patty's behalf. If you want to make a donation, please send the checks made out to me at:

Kevin J. O'Mara
811 Clarence Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60304

Please put on the memo line:
Patty O'Mara fund

If you want to be invited to the fundraiser, please contact one of Patty's siblings or Brian. I will have printed invitations out to them within the week.

Get Well Soon, Patty!
Go Sox!
(not necessarily in that order)

Anonymous said...

Patty seems to be doing well. The only problem is that the SOX lost again (what is the problem with McCarthy?. Easy play to second and he chooses a toss to first?). Their losses continue to take their toll, with each loss, heart function seems to desrease by at least 10% (wait, that's me) nevermind. She strong lady.

Anonymous said...

Patty,

Thinking of you and continually keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You are missed at OHS.

Patti Bridge

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty. You are in my prayers. I would like to offer my services with the kids this summer if needed. I can take them to the pool. Give me a call if you need last min. help. I don't live that far away. 898-8337

Jen Kunsch

First Year Superintendent's Blog said...

Jen--
I have some important golf dates this summer and may need some babysitting. I live in Oak Park--will that be a problem?

Kevin

Anonymous said...

It was good hearing from you tonight! Please let us know if we can do anything!

Love, Greg, Rebecca, and Parker

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but it not absolutely approaches me.