Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If you haven't heard enough about Patty's surgery...

Hi everyone:

Patty and I found an interesting, high-level overview video of the procedure Patty will be undergoing next week:

http://www.5min.com/Video/Enlarged-Heart-Animation-63956156

Every time I see the HeartNet, I keep thinking about the green mesh sleeves that Binny's Beverage Depot puts around my bottles of liquor so they don't bang against each other and break. Something tells me the HeartNet costs a little more than those mesh sleeves (and more than all the liquor I drink in a year).

I don't know if this sounds twisted, but there's a part of me that really wishes I could watch the procedure, because it seems fascinating. Having said this, I had to leave the room once when Patty was having bits of glass removed from a cut in her hand, so I'm not sure I'd make it through the surgery without passing out. What's more, it is Patty, so seeing her with a hole punched in her side might also be a tad unsettling.

I tried to find photos of the procedure online (for anyone with as much of a dark fascination as mine), but all I could find were pictures of the device along with some manga character (who I presume has no relation to this whole deal).

We found out this morning that Patty needs to report to Edward Hospital next Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. -- so she'll probably have to go alone and we'll catch up later.

I'm kidding.

Love,
Brian

1 comment:

Luke Shepard said...

great video. i think we may have seen that manga character while we were in japan.