Monday, June 12, 2006

Just another day

Hi everyone:

There's not much going on again today, which is just great. Patty has had two pretty strong days after a slew of weaker ones. Aunt Joan, Patty's cousin John and his two young daughters dropped by. We had some laughs, of course at Patty's expense, which helps sometimes to take a bit of the edge off of things. Some of us may never look at a red paper plate the same way again...chew on that. This evening, Patty had a telephone chat with her friend, Kathy Smith, while I watched the Sox win. In some subtle way, I think Patty let me know that I had forgotten to add Kathy to the email list 18 months ago...so sorry, Kathy, and I'm glad you're back in the loop.

Kevin and Sharon have hosted PJ, Kelly and Connor for two nights now. We know they're hurting about all of this, but are also happy that they're spending time with people who can perhaps keep their minds off of things. Devin and Colin still have a couple of weeks of school before summer break. We hope to have them visit for much of the summer, although perhaps we may not be able to have it all be in a single stretch.

If you are reading this particular post with a gripping-the-edge-of-your-seat level of anticipation, you might also like Lake Wobegon Days, by Garrison Keillor. To be honest, I'll be forever happy if I can write like this every day for a long, long time.


Love,
Brian

p.s. Jose Contreras was amazing today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»