Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The waiting game

Hi everyone:

Patty has discovered that inactivity can at times be as frustrating as those moments that are more dramatic. We are still waiting to hear from U of C Hospital about what the next steps will be. Each time the phone rings, we hope it's a call from a doctor, as strange as that sounds.

This morning, we went for a short walk, which Patty found very tiring. She seems very weak at times, which still seems surreal, given the levels of energy she so often had in the past. Really good days and equally bad days go with the territory, it would seem.

Patty is hoping to go to her school's final faculty meeting this morning, just to say goodbye for the summer to several of her friends. Tomorrow, we're planning to host a few of her NAHS students for a cookout, weather and Patty's energy permitting. Other teachers and students are welcome to drop by, as well -- please give me a heads-up by end of day today, if you can, just so I make sure I buy enough hot dogs. Our email is omara_croft@yahoo.com.

Friends and family visit with regularity, which helps keep Patty's spirits up.

Not much to report -- just staying in touch.

Love,
Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys -

I hope I'm posting this to the right place. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Although I live Behind the Cheddar Curtain, please let me know if there is anything I can do. Please remember that you two are the greatest self-advocaters known to man and the strongest people I've ever met. While it will be difficult, you will get through this. Hell, your commitment to one another is such a strong bond - that too will see you through. Hope to see you soon - love you guys! Werd

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»