Sunday, August 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to Patty

Hi everyone:

Today is Patty's birthday. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss specifics of her current age, but if you look back on the blog exactly one year, you'll see that on that date she had just turned 45. Our patient has been relaxing for much of the day; the humidity is so brutal that she wouldn't even think about heading outdoors.

We (me, Colin, Kelly & Connor) picked Devin up at the airport this afternoon. His flight was a mere 45 minutes late -- a much better outcome than Colin's 10-hour nightmare a few weeks ago. It is so nice having all seven of us together, even if the visit will only be brief. I am still the tallest person in our immediate family; I suspect this will be the last time I'll be able to make this claim.

Our plan is to have a nice dinner at home for Patty tonight, along with some birthday cake.

Late tomorrow afternoon, I have a meeting downtown (one that will hopefully lead to some work.) Patty and the kids are planning to come along, so that we can take in some family activity prior to the meeting.

That's it for now. I'll try to get some pictures of our patient scarfing down some chocolate cake.

Love,
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patty!
And congratulations Brian on your White Sox sweep of our Tigers.

Jean