Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Still waiting...

Hi everyone:

Patty's discomfort has been reduced somewhat by IV pain medication. Obviously, doctors are going to need to get to the bottom of the problem, because I don't believe these meds will be made available for home use. Consequently, I suspect Patty will be staying at least one more night.

We're waiting to see Dr. Costanzo, who has ordered an enormous batch of blood/urine tests. She will also be reviewing the results of the echocardiogram. Hopefully, by this evening, I'll be able to share some answers or at least some ideas as to what might be happening. The markers that indicate damage to the heart aren't present, which is encouraging...except that these also weren't present when Patty restenosed in 2005. The only other thing I've heard is that Patty's white cell count was somewhat elevated this morning.

So, as you should be able to tell, I have no idea what's going on. More soon...

Love,
Brian

No comments: