Sunday, June 10, 2007

Special weekend Part II

Hi everyone:

Well, Part II of the weekend didn't turn out to be as exciting as Part I, although it was still very fun. Patty, Cindy and I attended the Roger Waters concert at United Center. Originally, we had been told that a short meet-and-greet would be possible, but later found out that they had decided against it. Instead, Patty was given a tour program signed by Roger, and some great complimentary tickets to the show.

The weekend was starting to get a bit long for Patty, so we didn't stay for the full show, although the staging was outstanding and the music was both familiar and well-performed.

Today, we visited Cindy's house for Caleigh's graduation; Caleigh is a wonderful girl, and an amazing student. We had a very nice visit, aside from my new-found phobia about cicadas, to which I was being exposed up close and personal for the first time. I will celebrate their departure. Of course, I was grateful to Brit for showing me that cicadas weren't anything to be afraid of, in the most horrifying and nauseating manner possible:

I am certain I will be plagued by nightmares for a very long time.

Patty's well today, but tired.

Love,
Brian

No comments: