Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A busy week

Hi everyone:

Today, Patty and I met her (our) friend Kathy Smith (nee Prah) for lunch at Hugo's in Naperville. Like an idiot, I brought my camera and never once lifted it from the table; hence, no photos from our visit. We had a very enjoyable conversation with Kathy, who I found very charming and interesting. I suspect I left the impression that I was a very hungry person.

Tonight, Patty and I watched The Fountain, Darren Aronofsky's latest film. Although the movie was not well reviewed overall (50% rating on rottentomatoes.com), we gambled because I liked Aronofsky's earlier work and because I had read a few reviews that made a strong case for seeing the film. The verdict? Patty gives it a mild thumbs-down, and I give it an enthusiastic thumbs-up, with some reservations about the last 10-15 minutes of the movie. I believe I would be classified by the kids as "emo" these days, so perhaps I was inclined to have a soft spot for some of the film's themes. We'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts about this movie.

Tomorrow, we will be attending the opening night of PJ's latest play, the musical Damn Yankees! Connor has another choir concert on Thursday night. Patty has been pretty energetic and quite busy with various activities. As I write this, it is 12:23 am, and Patty is still awake and going strong. I love seeing her with a lot of energy, although this almost always seems to be a debits-and-credits kind of equation; what she takes out now isn't available to her later.

Good night.

Love,
Brian

P.S. The robin eggs in a nest in one of our trees just hatched; so far, I've seen no evidence that Patty is planning to evict them.

No comments: