Friday, October 20, 2006

Taking it to the streets

Hi everyone:

Patty and I visited Kelly's health class this morning to lead a discussion about heart failure. We presented slides with images of the various elements of Patty's cardiac history, and then Kelly flushed Patty's catheter in front of the group. We'll be doing the same presentation next Friday for Connor's class. Somehow, Patty managed to talk for about 30 minutes while battling nausea; as I write this, she's sprawled on the sofa, recovering. And, I have to add, she's pretty crabby, because the phone is ringing every couple of minutes.

Last night, Patty and I were chatting by the fireplace while trying to watch the remake of The Omen (so far, I'm not too impressed). As we were chatting, I mentioned that one of my biggest worries was that Patty's health would deteriorate to the point where she would not be able to spend evenings socializing with me. I pointed out that it seems like our relationship is one endless conversation in which we each take turns picking up the thread from the other person, expanding upon it, and passing it back. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have this second voice as part of my daily life.

I'm heading out now to run a couple of errands before our evening out with Jim and Trish. Before I go, though, I should mention that we had more than three times the traffic to this blog yesterday than on most other days; we presume it's because of the article in the Beacon. For those of you who haven't been here before, welcome, and please stop by from time to time and be sure to share a comment or two.

Love,
Brian

No comments: