Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Status quo

Hi everyone:

Once again, I'm finding myself with little of consequence to share. This evening, Patty did have a rather unsettling 10-second stretch in which her heart seemed to be racing; other than that, though, it's been status quo. I spent much of the day chasing new business--with some success, I'm happy to share--while Patty kept her nose buried in Reversible Errors, a Scott Turow book.

PJ and I spent some time this evening doing night driving practice; he did well, and I of course continued to be nervous. I suspect this will be the case for the foreseeable future, regardless of how well he does.

Patty called to inquire about the delay in getting approval for the next round of chemo drugs. She was told that the decision was still pending, and that it may remain that way for a while, because we're venturing even further into territory that insurance companies regard as "experimental" (read: easy to deny.) From what I've been able to glean from online sources, one round of rituxan is about $9,000. I really, really, really hope that this drug is the answer, because it seems like Patty has tried so many things, and endured a lot of discomfort, with little to show for it.

Love,
Brian

No comments: