Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wow, what a streak of boring entries

Hi everyone:

I realize this is a ridiculous measure for us to include among feathers in our cap, but both Patty and I have enjoyed seeing the daily readership of the blog increase over time -- on average, just under 60 people stop by each day. There truly is a comfort in knowing that people are pulling for you, and a greater comfort in knowing they are sticking with the play-by-play.

I guess this is why I'm feeling guilty about the blog contributions I've offered over the past three days. To be honest, there really hasn't been much to report. We haven't done much of consequence, and there haven't been any real new medical developments. We have a few questions for Patty's doctors about her future care, but we'd rather share these when we've given these thoughts more substance.

Perhaps the most noteworthy thing from these past few days, and today in particular, is that Patty is feeling much, much better. Today, I asked her, "How are you doing?" Her reply gave me a double-take. She said, "Brian, I feel wonderful." I think that is one of the nicest things I've heard in months. Of course, we know that there are many hurdles ahead, and also know that the absence of Cytoxan may be a wolf in sheep's clothing, but I truly believe there was no better medicine for Patty at this point in time than a day through which she just felt well. I wish you could see my smile as I write this.

If I don't write again before then, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please know that you are part of what we are thankful for.

Love,
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian -

Are you kidding - nothing to report? Your daily life has become such a part of our lives through the wonders of technology. I know that I can log on and check to see how Patty is feeling today. I don't know how you can keep things so current. But for those like myself that don't know what to say (imagine....me speechless?) or what to do - in some form, this blog helps to keep me a part of my friends' lives while geography keeps me separate.

As for the picture of the kids - WOW! Where did the time go? I remember when they were all so young. You guys have really created a fantastic family!

Wishing you all the best this Holiday Season from behind the cheddar curtain - Werd