Monday, April 02, 2007

History 101


Hi everyone:

From time to time, I take a few tentative stabs at trying to weave together many of Patty's health experiences into some sort of formal story, so that her ultimate success might serve as a source of information and optimism for others.
I have read several books written by transplant recipients or their family members, and think that Patty's story could add some new angles on an interesting issue. I don't know that anything will ever come of this, but it's somewhat cathartic, anyway, to translate the experiences into words.
Anyway, I share this only as background to what I really wanted to note, for some inane reason. In my research I discovered that on the day Patty was born -- August 5, 1961 -- the Chicago Bears played an exhibition game against the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. As expected, the Bears prevailed, by a score of 34-16; in fact, of seven games between the two leagues between 1950 and 1961, six were won by the NFL team (most by a wide margin.)
This information doesn't really mean much of anything, but I thought it was interesting and worth capturing somewhere. Sorry for wasting your time with my archiving of trivia. All in all, Patty had a pretty good day and evening. More tomorrow...
Love,
Brian

No comments: