Saturday, September 23, 2006

Also from yesterday...

Hi everyone:

Although the ICD incident was by far the most significant event of our Friday (details are in the previous post), we did want to share a couple of other things that happened. Mariska, Patty's home health nurse, taught me how to flush Patty's Quinton catheter lines -- a process that should be done daily. Being able to do this makes me feel like I'm a contributor to the care of my wife, albeit on a small level. I'm sure many of you have been through situations where someone you care about is very sick, and are thus aware of the feeling of helplessness that seems to go with the territory much of the time. I'm learning all of this for the first time, so feel free to share insights.

While I was learning the ropes, a photographer from the Aurora Beacon took photographs to support an upcoming article about Patty. She also snapped some shots of me working on the blog, and plans to visit again next week to get some pictures of our routine (such as it is these days) with the kids. As I write this morning, Patty is sleeping, and I believe her plan for the day is "to just lay around." That works...

Love,
Brian

P.S. I noticed this morning that since we started counting in late July, there have been more than 2,000 discrete visits to this blog. Patty loves that people are visiting and commenting. Please keep dropping by...

No comments: