Thursday, December 14, 2006

Busy evening tonight, early start tomorrow

Hi everyone:

We enjoyed another successful--albeit tiring--family fun night this evening. PJ was in charge, and took the lead on much of the food preparation and cooking. An ambitious and largely messy dinner was followed by a screening of Talladega Nights.

Although the movie has a few flaws, it was pretty funny throughout. In fact, at one point, I was laughing so hard that Patty asked PJ to pause the movie until I could compose myself. Even the bonus features were pretty rich with laughs. Patty laughed especially hard at a deleted scene in which Will Farrell is struck in the mouth with a shotglass pitched by a bartender. I'm not sure if I laughed harder at the scene or at Patty's contagious laughter.

Tomorrow morning, Patty has an 8am appointment with a rheumatologist who, we are told, specializes in lupus in heart patients. Hopefully, this might get us closer to some answers about what role lupus may be playing in Patty's struggles. We should be on the road by 6:30am. I'll try to provide an update upon our return.

We're still waiting to hear from the transplant team for direction about what's next for Patty. We had thought we would hear more by now. Perhaps doctors are considering the holiday season and thinking Patty can handle a break from the less pleasant treatments. We don't know.

Everyone else is in bed now. I stayed up to finish cleaning the pots and pans and to make sure I didn't neglect my blogging responsibilities. Now, I'm ready for sleep. Good night.

Love,
Brian

No comments: