Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Christmas reprise

Hi everyone:

Although we've had a fairly hectic holiday so far, I felt like I couldn't go the whole break without a turkey dinner, so we tackled that today. I realize that this seems a bit over the top, given that we had a huge beef dinner two nights ago. I'm planning to shave off some pounds in early 2007, so I want to get my excesses in while I can. Kelsey, PJ's girlfriend, joined us for dinner.

The preparation for the meal, the consumption of said meal, and the cleaning up after the feast occupied much of the day. We have been relaxing in our family room this evening, and expect to turn in a bit earlier than usual tonight. Tomorrow, we have been given a too-good-to-refuse deal at the Holiday Inn Elmhurst; this is the waterpark hotel we visited in the summer.

Patty has been feeling quite fatigued the past couple of days. As we have mentioned, we think the absence of milrinone is a factor; also, the patient may be pushing herself a bit too hard these days. All in all, though, she still seems to be holding up pretty well.

I will try to post some pictures over the next couple of days. I've been teaching myself the features of the new camera, and have not been thrilled with my results thus far.

Love,
Brian

No comments: